comput0r
The long wait for my computer continues.
*sigh* They keep getting my hopes up, then dashing them.
Hamish came to see me yesterday to tell me the 'good news' - a guy from Dell was coming to fix my computer in the morning so I would have it by the end of Friday. I was cautiously optimistic. I went down to visit the computer guy's basement lair just now, and apparently the Dell guy called and said he couldn't make it until this afternoon. Plus after the fixing of the computer he has to install all sorts of crap, which will have to happen on Monday. This means no computer for me until at least Monday, probably Tuesday. It's even going to take until 5 tonight for him (basement computer guy) to set me up with a password for the post grad computer lab. Blah.
On the upside, Catherine just came in (I'm in her office afterall) with a handful of cookies. She says someone left cookies and chocolate in the tearoom for public consumption. (Actually she said "Bickies and chocolates" but they looked like cookies to me....) Mmm, free cookies. I'm off to investigate.
*sigh* They keep getting my hopes up, then dashing them.
Hamish came to see me yesterday to tell me the 'good news' - a guy from Dell was coming to fix my computer in the morning so I would have it by the end of Friday. I was cautiously optimistic. I went down to visit the computer guy's basement lair just now, and apparently the Dell guy called and said he couldn't make it until this afternoon. Plus after the fixing of the computer he has to install all sorts of crap, which will have to happen on Monday. This means no computer for me until at least Monday, probably Tuesday. It's even going to take until 5 tonight for him (basement computer guy) to set me up with a password for the post grad computer lab. Blah.
On the upside, Catherine just came in (I'm in her office afterall) with a handful of cookies. She says someone left cookies and chocolate in the tearoom for public consumption. (Actually she said "Bickies and chocolates" but they looked like cookies to me....) Mmm, free cookies. I'm off to investigate.
1 Comments:
heh -- biccies. choccie biccies. that's so british. er, also new-zealandish, but they stole it from the mother country ;)
i want a tea room that people leave random treats in. ppfft: jealous.
anna
Post a Comment
<< Home