Inert Argon
It's been an interesting few days. This weekend I went to a party (an 'end of exams yay' party, which felt strange for November..) and met a bunch of new people. Mostly artsy people. Those of you who remember highschool remember that I used to sort of *be* an artsy people. I mean...I took art...there was that whole 'litmag thing...poorly made yet charming animated films....but ever since I crossed over to the dark side/went into science that part of my mind has been a little neglected. Hopefully the sudden influx of artistic types into my social world will reawaken some of the old creative tendencies. (It seems to have done wonders for my vocabulary already, sheesh.)
Last night Matty took me with him to Glottis night at Arc (translation: open mike poetry night at dingy coffeehouse/pub). We ended up sitting with a largeish group of people Matty knows from his poetry class. I hadn't sat and listened to mediocre live poetry in well...a very long time. To be honest, some of the stuff people read was quite good. There was also the mandatory "guy with a funny name and too tight leather blazer who takes this all very seriously"...I liked how he tried to fit every single polysyllable and obscure folkloric reference he knows into every poem.
I also liked the fact that I (apparently) understood more of his obscure folkloric references than my companions. I'm just so special.
Enough of that. Time to get back to my geeky programming. I wore the Trogdor shirt today for extra geek powers. Wish me luck.
Last night Matty took me with him to Glottis night at Arc (translation: open mike poetry night at dingy coffeehouse/pub). We ended up sitting with a largeish group of people Matty knows from his poetry class. I hadn't sat and listened to mediocre live poetry in well...a very long time. To be honest, some of the stuff people read was quite good. There was also the mandatory "guy with a funny name and too tight leather blazer who takes this all very seriously"...I liked how he tried to fit every single polysyllable and obscure folkloric reference he knows into every poem.
I also liked the fact that I (apparently) understood more of his obscure folkloric references than my companions. I'm just so special.
Enough of that. Time to get back to my geeky programming. I wore the Trogdor shirt today for extra geek powers. Wish me luck.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home