November 25, 2004

Mmm, pie

Last night was my second attempt at making pumpkin pie from an actual non-canned pumpkin. I learned my lesson and only used half a pumpkin per pie and this time I tried a new kind of pastry. We will see, we will see.

Why pumpkin pie? Because today is American thanksgiving at Hamish's house and I've been invited for dinner. I'm very excited. I'm also very curious to meet Mrs Hamish and the little Hamishes. I'll let you know how it goes.











PS. To the anonymous benefactor who sent me a copy of Hybrids: Thank you. You shouldn't have. It arrived yesterday. I was having a rough day, and in my weakened state the joy of random presents almost made me cry (especially since it was something I wanted *so* so much but had resigned myself to not having.) If it was at all possible I would go to where you are and give you ribcage-crushing-thank-you-hugs right now. You rule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home