December 13, 2004

Code

Mary Poppins would say I brought this on myself. I went out in the rain and my feet (well, all of me really) were cold and wet for most of yesterday. This morning I woke up wid a code. I hab a code. Fortunately I have an unlimited supply of tea here at my office, as well as my comfy cozy furry slippers.

When I got to work this afternoon there was a giant sack of noodles next to my desk. Bastiaan said something like "There was a big dude in a helmet came by with these noodles....?" Ah, I had almost forgotten about the noodle delivery I requested. I explained to B that my friend Colin's wife is one of those people you see on street corners handing out free samples of random stuff. I was at their place for a flat-warming this weekend and she was desperate to unload these noodles:



This weekend was my first visit to C&Ms. They fed me large quantities of waffles (some shaped like penguins) with whipped cream and strawberries, then they gave me a year's supply of tasty instant noodles. This sets a dangerous precedent.

The laptop's hard drive is officially useless, so I've abandoned all my dreams of programming on the beach during my upcoming vacation. I'm decided instead to use these three weeks to fill in some gaps in my general genetics/molecular/maths/statistics knowledge (and read The Dinosaur Heresies, which I've been trying to read since last winter's vertebrate evolution course.). This afternoon if it clears up I'm going to head for the public library to pick up my vacation reading materials. The public library here is amazingly well-stocked in the non-fiction (ie, math and genetics) section. Their lending period is longer than the university library and overdue fees are lower too. Sweet deal.

Time for more tea.

2 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

envious of the penguin waffles

10:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We hope that you feel better soon..the Aussie sun will do you good! Love coming your way from the land of snow.

11:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home