Oops
It has been brought to my attention that I haven't updated the blog in, well, Ages.
Other than people pointing out that I say "Tuesday" incorrectly (it should be "Chewsday" apparently) I have no charming cultural-learning stories to impart lately.
Life has settled into somewhat of a routine again, and that's fine by me.
I demonstrate for Biostats Monday mornings, and then work at my thesis until it gets dark out. Monday nights are either Glottis (open mike poetry reading) or quiet.
Tuesdays I usually work. Highlight: weekly lunch seminar. Tuesday nights are quiet. Last Tuesday night Matty and I went to see Hitchhiker's Guide at the Rialto. Movies are good.
Wednesdays I tend to not get much work done, as it has lately been my 'male companion's day off. (When I met K back in February, Matty started referring to him as my 'male companion' since he is too old to be my 'boyfriend'. Feh.) Wednesday nights are Simpsons-Scrubs-CSI, often with Matty over for company. Last Wednesday I also went out to "pint night" at Refuel, which was hugely entertaining and may become a habit.
Thursday I get up early to demonstrate Biostats again. Shortly after that is weekly lab meeting, also referred to as "the food meeting". Every week a different Genetics type person gives a little talk about their work and provides food. This week Graham made his famous chocolate-and-biscuit cake thingy, and brought many cheeses and crackers and L&P for all. Then he talked for an hour about wetas. Thursdays nights again, usually quiet.
Friday is part of the weekend, I say. Except for the weekly lunch seminar - this week's was about how the Earth's surface may not be old enough for life to have evolved without outside assistance. (Of course, by outside assistance we mean amino acids arriving via meteor, not via Jesus.) Last night I hermited at home and read for hours, taking a break to watch the OC, a tradition that is entirely Jacinta's fault.
I usually work weekends since I take random days off during the week if I get frustrated at work. I'm in today because yesterday afternoon I had a very motivational meeting with Hamish and am excited to get certain things done. I may or may not be expected to go out dancing tonight. Lately weekend nights have been full of parties and general goings out. My friends Lisa and Kevin have been slowly adopting me into their posse of people. This leads to me spending Sunday afternoons watching random movies and eating savoury pinwheels at the flats of people I've only just met. Good times.
Bob and Doug are well. I should probably go home and change their water before I forget. I promise to be more attentive to the blog in future.
Other than people pointing out that I say "Tuesday" incorrectly (it should be "Chewsday" apparently) I have no charming cultural-learning stories to impart lately.
Life has settled into somewhat of a routine again, and that's fine by me.
I demonstrate for Biostats Monday mornings, and then work at my thesis until it gets dark out. Monday nights are either Glottis (open mike poetry reading) or quiet.
Tuesdays I usually work. Highlight: weekly lunch seminar. Tuesday nights are quiet. Last Tuesday night Matty and I went to see Hitchhiker's Guide at the Rialto. Movies are good.
Wednesdays I tend to not get much work done, as it has lately been my 'male companion's day off. (When I met K back in February, Matty started referring to him as my 'male companion' since he is too old to be my 'boyfriend'. Feh.) Wednesday nights are Simpsons-Scrubs-CSI, often with Matty over for company. Last Wednesday I also went out to "pint night" at Refuel, which was hugely entertaining and may become a habit.
Thursday I get up early to demonstrate Biostats again. Shortly after that is weekly lab meeting, also referred to as "the food meeting". Every week a different Genetics type person gives a little talk about their work and provides food. This week Graham made his famous chocolate-and-biscuit cake thingy, and brought many cheeses and crackers and L&P for all. Then he talked for an hour about wetas. Thursdays nights again, usually quiet.
Friday is part of the weekend, I say. Except for the weekly lunch seminar - this week's was about how the Earth's surface may not be old enough for life to have evolved without outside assistance. (Of course, by outside assistance we mean amino acids arriving via meteor, not via Jesus.) Last night I hermited at home and read for hours, taking a break to watch the OC, a tradition that is entirely Jacinta's fault.
I usually work weekends since I take random days off during the week if I get frustrated at work. I'm in today because yesterday afternoon I had a very motivational meeting with Hamish and am excited to get certain things done. I may or may not be expected to go out dancing tonight. Lately weekend nights have been full of parties and general goings out. My friends Lisa and Kevin have been slowly adopting me into their posse of people. This leads to me spending Sunday afternoons watching random movies and eating savoury pinwheels at the flats of people I've only just met. Good times.
Bob and Doug are well. I should probably go home and change their water before I forget. I promise to be more attentive to the blog in future.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home