Back to the grind
The major source of stress in my life, ever since I found out it was going to happen, was my PhD prosposal seminar. It doesn't sound like a big deal...having to talk for 20mins about my research while the whole department eats their lunches...but it felt like one. I was petrified, and being me, only moderately well-prepared.
I had the talk ready to go days in advance. Then I decided to rewrite the entire thing two hours before showtime. Go me!
Anyway...it is over now. It went at least moderately well, and the Darwin doll was a big hit as always.
So now life goes back to 'normal'. I spent all of today banging my head against a programming issue. It's fixed now, and I can sit back and watch my simulations run for a few days. Then I will find *another* programming issue...
Good times.
Also - I'm off to Wellington next week to give that talk again, to an even scarier audience, with more strictly enforced time restraints. Wish me luck.
I had the talk ready to go days in advance. Then I decided to rewrite the entire thing two hours before showtime. Go me!
Anyway...it is over now. It went at least moderately well, and the Darwin doll was a big hit as always.
So now life goes back to 'normal'. I spent all of today banging my head against a programming issue. It's fixed now, and I can sit back and watch my simulations run for a few days. Then I will find *another* programming issue...
Good times.
Also - I'm off to Wellington next week to give that talk again, to an even scarier audience, with more strictly enforced time restraints. Wish me luck.
1 Comments:
I can't believe they're giving you a PhD. I mean, I'm working on my second Bachelors and you're off and running to get some "doctor" sash and all.
*jealous*
Post a Comment
<< Home